- Have a few key talking points prepared about the importance of your library and the benefits it has for your teens, and use them in your daily interactions with the public both inside and outside the library.
- Invite a local VIP, elected official or policy maker to a TTW event. Get tips for success from YALSA's wiki
- Share this brief video with local policy makers and elected officials (or make your own!)
- Use the sample document from the Publicity Toolkit to have your local school board or town council declare an official Teen Tech Week in your town
- Use the sample documents from the Publicity Toolkit to have teens and library advocates write letters to the editor about the key role libraries play in helping teens gain the critical digital literacy skills they need for school and careers.
- Send these Issue Briefs with local policy makers and elected officials
Find lots more great advocacy tips and resources at www.ala.org/yalsa/advocacy